Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure my coworkers like me just fine. I go to work, I’m pretty quiet, I get my work done and sometimes I bring in cookies. What’s not to like, right?
But, if I’m being honest, I bet a few of my coworkers really don’t like me sometimes. Heck, they might not even know that it’s me that they don’t like but I’m sure they’ve had more than one encounter where they’ve thought to themselves “ugh… seriously?”
- Sometimes I’m the person who microwaves bacon at lunch for my BLT or pops a bag of popcorn for my afternoon snack. Sorry I got your stomach growling but I’m probably not going to share.
- On the quietest of days I might resort to headphones and listening to Pandora. It’s all fine and dandy until I forget I’m in public and start tapping my fingers or feet to the beat. I’m sure sometimes I turn up a good song just a bit too loud so you can just barely hear it too… Sorry if you find that annoying.
- Oh, and about those cookies I like to bring in to share. I brought in a batch on New Year’s Day when you had all just made resolutions to start eating better – I’m not trying to fuel your lack of self-control, it just makes me feel better about my failure at dieting. My bad.
- I keep my work space clean. I don’t just mean organized here.. I mean I’m going to find time to whip out those lemon scented disinfecting wipes every now and then and wipe down my desk from time to time (do you know how much dust accumulates in this place?). I’m also going to reorganize when necessary, so the rustling of papers… it’s just going to happen.
- I’m also quite proficient at typing and keyboards are just loud. I type fast and my keyboard probably drives you insane. I’m not sure what I can do to fix that unless you can talk management into getting me a silent keyboard.
Do you do things at work that you think drive your coworkers insane? Would you hate me?