I don’t know about you but one of my favorite things about the holiday season is having a reason to get into the kitchen and whip up something sweet. It’s that time of the year where it’s not only socially acceptable to regularly indulge on treats, but it’s actually encouraged! Today I want to share a very simple, no bake recipe, that will save you a few dollars at the supermarket and is a perfect treat to put together to share at your next holiday party. One of my favorite holiday desserts: Peppermint Bark.
- 1 – 11oz bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 6 – peppermint candy canes
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s dark chocolate chips
- In a plastic baggie, crush the candy canes using a wooden mallet.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. I typically find that you can get away with two, 30-second and one, 15-second interval, mixing well in between.
- Mix about 1/2 of the crushed peppermint into the white chocolate
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet covered with wax or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed peppermint on the top of mixture.
- Melt a 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. Again, use 15-30 second intervals mixing well in between and drizzle it over the top. You’ll notice my drizzle looks a little thick – you can thin the chocolate by melting in a 1/2 teaspoon of butter which will help make it easier to drizzle. Then pop the pan in the fridge to harden!
- Once the bark has fully hardened, remove it from the refrigerator and break it into chunks!
Ta-da! It’s just that easy.
This Peppermint Bark recipe is a quick, simple recipe that’ll leave both you and your guests coming back for more! One of my favorite parts? This recipe is nearly mess-free! Just one bowl and one spoon 🙂 Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite holiday dessert?